Thai massage is beneficial for all people, no matter the age, athleticism, flexibility, or stress level. Some of the great benefits of Thai massage are:
- Stretching: Helps elongate muscles and improve flexibility.
- Range of motion: Increases circulation of synovial fluid, which lubricates joints, to improve joint mobility.
- Fascia Manipulation: Improves muscle function by releasing fascia (connective tissue).
- Circulation: Using acupressure and various techniques allows the lymphatic system to move toxins and waste out of the body, and move lymph (infection fighting white blood cells) throughout the body. Blood circulates oxygen and nutrients back to the cells to supply all body tissues.
- Stimulates nervous system: Although there is a lot of movement with Thai Massage, it is very relaxing and will help calm the nervous system.
Thai massage was developed to heal, treat illnesses, and to maintain a healthy mind, body, and spirit. Thai massage is a very distinct and unique form of healing body therapy, and will leave you with an overall feeling of being renewed and refreshed.